$57.99 – $175.44 (-28%)
Ultimate Guide to Revolution
Meet the Powerful Parasite Protector: Revolution!
Revolution is the veterinarian-approved dog and cat medication that protects your pets from various dangerous internal and external parasites. It is considered a 6-to-1 parasite killer because it is a monthly topical solution that treats 6 parasites in 1 monthly liquid dose.
It is a monthly topical solution that helps treat and prevents heartworms, ear mites, fleas, canine sarcoptic mange (i.e., scabies), and the American Dog Tick in dogs, and cures heartworms, fleas, ear mites, roundworms, and hookworms in cats. Revolution ensures that your pets are in the best condition.
How does Revolution For Dogs and Cats work?
The generic medical name for Revolution is Selamectin, which is the only ingredient in the medication. The active ingredient selamectin is a topical parasiticide and a strong avermectin endectocide to treat dogs and cats for their parasite problems.
As an antiparasitic agent, Selamectin interferes with the nervous system of insects and worms which causes their death. After the application and absorption of the medication, the treatment is carried by your pet’s circulatory system. Any parasite that bites your pet and ingests their blood means certain death for them.
How to apply Revolution?
Revolution is applied via a spot-on applicator once a month to the dog’s or cat’s skin at the base of its neck. Spot-on treatment absorbs liquid medicine in seconds and provides complete 30-day protection from dangerous internal and external parasites.
Spot-on treatment is usually packaged in individual liquid doses. Revolution’s liquid medicine is poured onto the nape of the pet’s neck between its shoulders and then is slowly absorbed into your pet’s skin.
What should pet owners ensure after application?
The owner should prevent the pet doesn’t trying to rub off the medicine. That includes rolling on the floor or against any household items. They shouldn’t allow their pet to return to play for as long as they can manage. The treated pet should stay away from untreated pets for at least 24 hours.
This causes maximum effectiveness for the Revolution medication.
What are the potential side effects of which you should be aware?
Examine dogs for heartworm disease before using Revolution.
The most common adverse reactions reported are temporary hair loss, vomiting, drowsiness, lethargy, redness, drooling, rapid breathing, increased heart rate, muscle tremors, decreased appetite, and diarrhea.
Watch out for lack of coordination and salvation, because these can be symptoms of an overdose! Call your veterinarian immediately!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Revolution for puppies and kittens?Revolution can be administered to puppies that are at least 6 weeks old and kittens that are at least 8 weeks old.
- How much is the Revolution dosage?Apply Revolution with a spot-on applicator (pipette) depending on the pet’s weight. For example, a dog that weighs less than 5 lbs uses a .25 ml pipette to apply 15 mg per month versus a dog that weighs 20.1 to 40 lbs uses a 2 ml pipette to apply 240 mg per month. And everywhere in between.A cat that weighs less than 5 lbs uses a .25 ml pipette to apply 15 mg per month. A cat that weighs 5.1 to 15 lbs uses a .75 ml pipette to apply 45 mg per month.
- What do the Revolution reviews say?Revolution reviews demonstrate 4.5+ stars out of 5. Most reviewers say that this product is effective, necessary and that it keeps their pets pest-free. Reviewers trust its excellent protection for their furry best friend.The few unsatisfied customers have found that Revolution is ineffective in killing external parasites and their infestations.
- Is Revolution unsafe for certain cats and dogs?Revolution is safe for administration in pregnant or lactating dogs or cats. Revolution is unsafe to use if the animal hasn’t been tested for heartworm disease. It is also unsafe for sick or underweight pets, and also some breeds of sensitive dogs that have the genetic mutation MDR1 (e.g., collies or sheepdogs).
- How long does it take for Revolution to work?In a laboratory study, Revolution started to kill fleas within 12 hours of the treatment and removed almost 100% of the fleas within the first day.According to VCA Hospitals, fleas will start dying in the first 4 to 8 hours, but full effectiveness takes several days against fleas. For dogs, it can take up to 5 days to kill most ticks that are on their skin.
- What other precautions should you take with Revolution usage?Make sure that the pet’s hair isn’t wet before application.Do not apply the liquid solution to broken skin because the alcohol in the solution will cause pain to your pet.Keep the liquid solution away from humans and their skin. This includes avoiding massaging medicine into the pet’s skin after application.Be aware of combining some medications with Revolution for dog breeds with the genetic mutation MDR1.
Do not bathe your cat for 24 hours after the application, but two hours for dogs.
The most important thing that you should know about Revolution is that its mission is to cure your cats and protect your dogs from microscopic mites to fleas and tick infestation to internal worms that can have a dangerous effect on their organs.
DISCLAIMER: This informative article is not meant to substitute for the diagnosis, treatment, and professional advice from your veterinarian or other qualified professionals regarding a medical condition.
Side Effects & Warnings
Revolution for dogs and cats is well-tolerated by pets, with less than 1% displaying symptoms. Some exhibited temporary hair loss or skin irritation at the application site. More serious symptoms may include excessive drooling, rapid breathing, lack of coordination, vomiting, or diarrhea; consult with a veterinarian immediately if these appear.
Never administer Revolution in animals that are allergic to it. Do not use the drug on puppies or kittens under 6 weeks of age. Use with caution on sick, weak or underweight animals. However, Revolution is safe for administration in pregnant or lactating dogs or cats. Never apply the medicine on wet hair. Examine dogs thoroughly for heartworm disease before using Revolution.
Revolution is a topical once-a-month pet medicine, which helps treat and prevent heartworms, fleas, ear mites, sarcoptic mange and certain types of ticks in dogs. It also cures heartworms, fleas, ear mites, hookworms, and roundworms in cats. Revolution is a semi synthetic ivermectin ant parasitic agent, which interferes with the nervous system of insects and worms, causing their death. Revolution is usually available as spot on applicators and is applied once a month to the skin at the base of the neck. Apply the medicine depending on the weight of the dog. Spot on applicators are available in 0.25 ml (15 mg/tube), for dogs weighing up to 5 pounds; 0.25 ml (30 mg/tube), for dogs weighing from 5.1 to 10 pounds; 0.5 ml (60 mg/tube), for dogs of 10.1 to 20 pounds; 1 ml (120 mg/tube) for dogs of 20.1 to 40 pounds; and 2 ml (240 mg/tube) for dogs weighing from 40.1 to 80 pounds. For dogs, apply one pipette topically every 30 days. Spot on applicators are available in 0.25 ml (15 mg/tube) for cats weighing less than 5 pounds. For cats weighing from 5.1 to 15 pounds, 0.75 ml (45 mg/tube) pipette is available; apply one pipette once monthly. The major side effects of the drug often include temporary hair loss, loss of appetite, drooling, vomiting, diarrhea, drowsiness, rapid breathing, increased heart rate, and muscle tremors. The symptoms of overdose mainly include salivation and dis-coordinated.
This information is for informational purposes only and is not meant as a substitute for the professional advice of, or diagnosis or treatment by, your veterinarian. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian or other qualified professional with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard or delay seeking professional advice due to what you may have read on our website. Our medications are FDA approved and/or EPA regulated when and as required by law.
Revolution is manufactured by Pfizer
|Puppies/Kittens under 5 lbs – 3 Month Supply||087219034712|
|Dogs – 5.1-10 lbs., 6 Month Supply||087219034750|
|Dogs – 10.1-20 lbs., 6 Month Supply||087219034774|
|Dogs – 20.1-40 lbs., 6 Month Supply||087219034798|
|Dogs – 40.1-85 lbs., 6 Month Supply||087219034811|
|Cats – 5-15 lbs., 6 Month Supply||087219034736|
|Dogs – 85.1-130 lbs., 3 Month Supply||087219060223|
|Dogs – 85.1-130 lbs., 6 Month Supply||087219051214|
|Dogs – 5.1-10 lbs., 3 Month Supply||087219060148|
|Dogs – 10.1-20 lbs., 3 Month Supply||087219060162|
|Dogs – 20.1-40 lbs., 3 Month Supply||087219060186|
|Dogs – 40.1-85 lbs., 3 Month Supply||087219060209|
|Cats – 5-15 lbs., 3 Month Supply||087219060124|
|Cats – 15-22 lbs., 6 Month Supply||087219104279|
|Cats – 15-22 lbs., 3 Month Supply||087219104293|
Puppy / Kitten, Dog – 5 to 10 lbs, Dog – 11 to 20 lbs, Dog – 21 to 40 lbs, Dog – 41 to 85 lbs, Dog – 86 to 130 lbs, Cat – 5 to 15 lbs, Cat – 15 to 22 lbs.
3 month, 6 months